The campaign of former Congressman Pete Gallego is seeking an experienced Communications Director.
Candidates must possess proven ability to generate earned media coverage and capably handle incoming press inquiries, impeccable writing and organizational skills, strong political judgment, the ability to work under tight deadlines, and a talent for converting complicated policy issues into every day, understandable language.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with campaign manager and general consultant to develop and implement a strategic communications plan
- Drafting press releases, talking points, op-eds, and speeches;
- Cultivating reporter relationships;
- Serving as primary spokesperson for local and national media;
- Identifying new press opportunities;
- Shaping and planning media events;
- Managing website, social media, and monthly electronic newsletter.
Prior on-the-record experience is required. Candidates with experience working in Texas politics preferred. Bilingual preferred. Ideal candidate will also have photography, video production and design skills.